Sunday 21 December 2014

2014 Top Ten Lists - One Last Music List - Top Ten Songs on my USB

I was going to write my post containing my top ten favourite books read in 2014, but since I'm still a bit in a mood for music, I've got one more music related post before I list my favourite books. I've got about 500 songs on my USB and I regularly update it; hence my previous posts related to the songs from the '80s, '90s, 00's and 10's. This next list just contains those ten songs that, whenever I hear them on my USB, I enjoy so very much. This list could be so much longer, as you may have noticed I've already provided 40 songs in my other lists. I'm pretty happy with this list, hope you like the songs too.

10. The Veronicas - When It All Falls Apart - This is definitely one of my all-time favourite groups, started when I first heard Untouched. That got me and Jo exploring their music (she likes some of their songs too) and I've enjoyed so very much of their music. This is probably my favourite song. They have great vocals, harmonies and such a fantastic pop sensibility. Check out their other music.

9. The Band Perry - If I Die Young - This is one of those beautiful songs that always chokes me up. It doesn't matter if it's country or pop or whatever, just a lovely song. Jo prefers the version she heard on Glee and she's quite right, it's also very beautiful.

8. Lisa Stansfield - Change - It's definitely difficult to pick one Lisa Stansfield song, but she is such a wonderful, jazzy, cool singer. I think this song highlights all of her great singing attributes. It features her great voice, it's a cool song and it makes me feel great.

7. The Stranglers - Golden Brown - Jo introduced me to this song and I've loved it from the very first time I heard it. I love the keyboards at the beginning and throughout, it's such a unique sound. It's like riding a carousel kind of beat, up/ down, gets your head bobbing. I never tire of hearing it.

6. Kate Morgan - Boys with Girlfriends - If you check out my other top ten lists you'll probably notice that I do appreciate talented female artists; their music, their voices, there is so much variety. I found this song a couple of years ago, Kate Morgan is a Canadian singer and I so enjoy listening to this song. Great beat and just a super pop song.

5. Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby - This is my anthem song, first heard it when I was stationed down in Victoria and driving myself through the city back and forth to work. It was a strange time, away from Jo and the puppies while they were in Comox. When I hear it, it does make me appreciate being back together and knowing that we don't have to put up with that again.

4. Caro Emerald - Paris - This is one of those singers that I've become acquainted with over the past few years, Dutch singer Caro Emerald. She has a unique jazzy style and I like every song I've heard by her. This song, Paris, highlights her wonderful voice, and the jazzy style. The orchestration is quite simple and it makes the song that much better.

3. Girls Aloud - Something New - I heard this first when Jo and I went to visit her sister Sue in England for Christmas in 2012. It's one of those songs that I have to play loud whether I'm driving or out jogging. I love how the music changes, great group vocals, then featuring each girl in turn. Great upbeat pop song!!!

2. Demi Lovato - Skyscraper - The first time I heard this song it choked me up, brought tears to my eyes. Not a good thing when you are driving. It's such a heartfelt song, wonderful voice, powerful lyrics.. Beautiful song.

1. Belinda Carlisle - Sun - I like Belinda Carlisle and have enjoyed discovering how talented she is over the past couple of years. Summer Rain is a great song and she has so many others. This was a lovely, pleasant discovery. Great beat, great lyrics; "Indescribable, indefinable, undeniable... ".. love it.. Perfect song.

So that's my last music post for 2014. I'm sure you're happy. Next entry will be back to books, with my ten favourite reads of 2014. Then it'll be 2015 before you know it and I can start discussing new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails